If a picture is worth a thousand words, a dance video could very well be worth a thousand registrations. Considering that video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings and that viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to BUY after watching a product video – this is one marketing force you can’t afford to ignore. Here’s why:
- Dance is an awesomely creative and visual thing. Can you imagine going to a dance performance and closing your eyes throughout the entire show? Well that is exactly what you are doing when you don't have video on your website.
- Online video marketing has finally come of age. We no longer have to deal with a glut of sluggish connections, incompatible technologies or bland commercials begging for our business.
- People would much rather WATCH than READ. Compare the last time you read a newspaper to the last time you watched news on TV.
- Dance is the PERFECT MEDIUM to sell with video. After all, who DOESN'T get inspired when they see a room full of amazing dance numbers going on? There is a REASON there are a lot of Dance Shows on the air-- because PEOPLE LOVE TO WATCH DANCE! What better way to show off your studio? What better way to show parents who have their children in your class why they should stay at your school?
For adult oriented classes, video also enhances your school's offerings by showing your prospective students how they can rock on, whether it's Tango, Salsa, or Zumba.
Here's a STUDIO that uses YOU TUBE easily and well! Easy videos and fun to watch!
Adding Video on your website should be easy:
STEP I: Register for YouTube.
STEP II: Video tape your classes and students. Upload the video to your YouTube Channel
STEP III: Embed the code on your website.
Most websites, if built in the last two years, should be YouTube friendly. If your website does not take YouTube video, either ask your web developer for help, or consider upgrading your existing website. If you have no other option, link your current website to your YouTube channel.
ENHANCED VIDEO- FOR SCHOOLS WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION:
Increasing online registration can be helped with the usage of more advanced videos. For example, video production company FlipSeek has created a technology called Live Link Video where you can embed “hotspots” into a video to make certain parts clickable. "Like this class? Click TO ADD for online registration."
Just maybe, if you're really lucky, you'll get featured on THE ELLEN SHOW!
1. Online video is the fastest growing ad format in 2012 with nearly 55% growth. (eMarketer, January 2012)
2. According to Internet Retailer, 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Internet Retailer, 2012)
3. Mediapost reports that product videos play a key role in consumer purchase decisions, citing a 9x increase in retail video views at the start of the 2011 holiday season. (MediaPost, 2012)
4. According to Retail Touchpoints, the Step2 Company found that shoppers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. (Retail Touchpoints Channel Innovation Awards, 2012)